If you are teaching short e word families, you’ll have to check out these free word family flip books!
These flip books are a great way to practice reading and to review word families.
There are 8 booklets in this set. These are the word families for the short e word families:
- et – net, vet, pet, wet, jet
- ed – red, fed, sled, bed, wed
- en – pen, hen, ten, den, men
- eg – beg, peg, leg, keg
- eck – check, deck, neck, peck, wreck
- est – test, chest, vest, rest, nest
- ell – smell, well, yell, bell, shell
- end – blend, send, spend, bend, lend
Short E Family Flip Books
All you need for these flip books are the following:
- crayons or colored pencils
- Begin by printing the page on printer paper. Since you’ll probably be learning just one word family at a time, you will just print one page.
- Have the students color the pictures and practice reading the words. Make sure to talk about how all the words are in this word family.
- Cut out the different boxes. You can have the students do this if they are able to.
- Each page has a number on it. Start with number 1 and layer each paper on top of each other. Then put the family name on top.
- Place two staples at the top to complete the flip book.
This is a fun way to practice word families!
Kids can bring these home to practice reading with their family members.
If you’d like to download this free printable, just click on the button below!
Check out all the flip books by clicking the words below.
Words cannot express how grateful I am to you for sharing your wonderful resources. They work so well for literacy centres and when working with small groups. Thank you so much!
paper writer says
Great flip book idea.
I so appreciate all your resources. They are so helpful for using with my reading intervention kiddos. Thank you!
THANK YOU! I’m happy to have “e” since I downloaded the “a”! These are so much fun 🙂
Angela Thayer says
Thank you!! More will be coming soon!