Celebrate Thanksgiving with this cute, free thankful turkey hat! This hat is great for preschoolers and kindergarteners! Kids will have fun with making this easy Thanksgiving craft and it’s a fun way to display all that they are thankful for!
Thankful Turkey Hats
Making Thanksgiving hats is a creative and festive activity for kids, and a great way to discuss what we are all thankful for during the holiday season. On the thankful turkey hat, students will write what they are thankful for on the turkey feathers. This activity is great for celebrating Thanksgiving in November.
You only need a few household materials for this activity.
- turkey hat printable (the download is at the bottom of this post)
- card stock paper
- crayons, colored pencils, or markers
- tape or glue
- stapler (optional)
Before doing the activity with students, you will need to do a few things to prep.
- Begin by printing the turkey hats onto card stock paper (you can use regular paper, but card stock holds up better).
- Then cut out the turkey and head band strips. You’ll see two turkeys on the printable. This is to make it easier if you’re making multiple hats.
- There are 3 strips for the headband part. You can use however many you need to wrap it around your child’s head. We only used 2 strips for my 5 year-old.
- Glue or tape the turkey in between two strips of the headband.
Ask the child what they are thankful for and write their responses onto the feathers of the turkey. If they need ideas, you can ask some of these questions to help jump-start their ideas!
- What is your favorite thing to eat?
- Who do you live with?
- What activities do you like to do?
- What is something you can’t live without?
Then have the child color the turkey and pictures on the headband.
Lastly wrap the headband around the child’s head and tape or staple it so it fits them.
It looks adorable!
Then they can wear their hats around for everyone to see what they are thankful for! They could even wear it on Thanksgiving day!
I hope you’ll make some thankful turkey hats this month! You can download this free printable by filling out the form below!