C is for cookie…that’s good enough for me! Anyone else think of Cookie Monster singing that song? If not, I’ll refresh your memory!
Well you guessed it, since we’re learning about the letter ‘C’, it’s only appropriate to make cookies! Not just any cookies, but ‘C’ shaped sugar cookies!
Here’s the recipe:
1/2 c. butter (1 stick, softened)
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, use an electric mixer on medium speed to beat the butter until soft and creamy. Slowly beat in the sugar, and when it’s fully mixed, beat in the egg yolk, and almond extract until well blended.
3. Beat in the flour until well blended. Shape the dough in a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 15 min.
4. Take out of fridge and take a piece of dough and roll it between your hands until it looks like a rope. Then make the letter ‘C’.
5. Add sprinkles, if you’d like, and bake for about 8 minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottom.
Then the best part….eat them!
One of Troy’s favorite activities is baking with mom, so this was a fun activity for us both. This is a simple recipe for preschoolers since there are just a few ingredients and using sprinkles is always fun!
And I didn’t even know this til later, but we made these on National Cookie Day. How ironic! What’s your all time favorite cookie?