You may have noticed that we really enjoy playing with soap foam at our house! I posted two ways to play with it recently, and today I’m sharing how to turn it into sidewalk paint! It’s really easy and I’m excited to show you how today!
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure for more information.
Here’s what you need:
- food processor or blender
- 2 tablespoons of dish soap (We’ve used Dawn and Seventh Generation brands)
- 1/4 cup of water
- food coloring
- squeeze bottles
Pour 2 tablespoons of dish soap, a few drops of food coloring, and 1/4 cup of water into a food processor or blender.
Turn the food processor on for about 30 seconds (or until it is foamy). Scoop the foam into the squeeze bottles. Then go outside and squeeze the bottles onto the sidewalk.
Here are some tips:
- You may want to shake the bottle before squeezing to help it come out better
- If you see liquid forming in the bottom, just shake it to make it foamy again
- Cut the tip off a bit to help the foam come out better
- If you use gel food coloring, you may want to rinse it off the sidewalk after the activity to make sure it doesn’t stain the sidewalk
- Make sure to use the soap foam bottles right away. They lose their foam if they sit too long.
Use the paint to draw designs or practice writing names!
See how fun this looks? I promise your kids will LOVE this activity!
Let me know how this activity worked for you! My kids LOVE it!