Something you may not know about me is that I absolutely loathe spiders. We have a pet snake and that doesn’t bother me, but when I see a big spider, I start to freak out. Just ask my sons, who recently videotaped me when I saw a big spider crawl across our kitchen floor!
Even though I hate spiders, I actually love cute spider crafts. Today I have an easy spider door hanger craft that is perfect to do around Halloween or really any time of the year!
Materials for Spider Door Hanger Craft
- Spider template
- Black cardstock
- Big google eyes
- Glue stick
How to Make the Spider Door Hanger Craft
This craft is so simple! The craft requires a fair amount of cutting, which is great for kids working on fine motor skills and scissor skills. If your child is too young to use scissors, you could cut the pieces out for him and assemble the spider craft together.
- First, print the template. (See the link above to download the PDF.)
- Cut out all the pieces.
- Trace all the template pieces onto black cardstock.
- Kids can also color the template instead of using black paper. Make sure the template is printed onto cardstock.
- To start assembling, glue the two connecting legs to the back of the circle. Leave enough room so a doorknob can fit in the middle.
- Next, glue the other two connecting legs to the back of the bottom of the circle.
- Now glue 2 arms to the right of the circle and 2 arms to the left. Keep the legs narrow so once the craft is on a door, the legs don’t stick out on the door frame.
- Stick on the google eyes and fangs.
- Find a fun spot to hang your spider door hanger!
How cute would these be to decorate a classroom or bedroom door? I love it and I think you will, too!