Are you ready to see the cutest moving spider craft?! This is such a fun activity to do with little ones at any time of the year, but especially in October! Like I mentioned in my spider post from yesterday, spiders give me the creepy crawlies, but I love cute spider crafts! This moving spider craft is easy to make, fun for kids, and simple for supplies.
Moving Spider Craft Materials
- spider printable page
- 1 piece of card stock paper (any color)
- string (about 3-4 feet long)
- markers or crayons
Putting Together the Moving Spider Craft
I put together a short video to show exactly how to make it. Watch below to see it in action!
- Start by having your child color the spider on the printable.
- Place a piece of card stock paper underneath the spider printable.
- Fold both papers in half on the dotted lines
- Turn it over and fold the two corners back on the dotted lines.
- Cut a piece of string, about three-four feet long.
- Place the string underneath both folded cornerscorners.
- Tape the corners. Make sure the string is not caught in the tape.
- Pull the middle part of the string up and then place it around a stable object, such as a pole or leg of a chair.
- Pull the strings gently and watch the spider move!
My boys LOVED this activity and thought it was so fun! I hope you’ll give this one a try!