Have you ever made fluffy slime?! It’s so much fun and kids love it! This is one of my boys’ favorite sensory play activities, so I’m excited to share this fluffy slime recipe with you today!
My littlest love has always had a range of emotions. Sometimes he’s simply overwhelmed and needs a calming activity to cheer him up. Most of the time, he asks to make fluffy slime. Not only does this bring a smile to his face, but it also makes him calm. I swear by the power of sensory play!
I’ve shared my fluffy pumpkin spice slime before, but realized I never shared my original recipe! It’s very easy and you can make it in minutes!
What You Need for Fluffy Slime
- 3 cups of foamy shaving cream
- 1/2 cup of Elmer’s white glue
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1-2 tablespoons of saline solution + more as needed (make sure it includes boric acid in the ingredients)
- a few drops of food coloring
- cutting board or mat
How to Make Fluffy Slime
1. Add 3 cups of shaving cream to a bowl. Make sure to use the foamy shaving cream, not the gel kind.
2. Stir in 1/2 cup of glue. I always use Elmer’s glue because it’s the best!
3. Mix in a 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
4. Add in a few drops of food coloring. I don’t love using gel food coloring because it can stain hands. I do love liquid food coloring or liquid watercolors. My tip is to NOT use a lot. Sometimes adding too much food coloring can ruin the consistency of slime.
5. Add in the saline solution. We call this “magic water” at our house! Start with adding 1 tablespoon of the saline solution, while stirring. Then add a little bit more until the slime isn’t too sticky.
6. Squirt a cutting board with the saline solution and add a little to your hands. Then, spend a minute kneading the slime until it’s a good consistency and no longer sticks to your hands. You can always add more saline solution if it is sticky, but don’t add too much! If you do, then the slime won’t stretch very well.
7. Lastly, you can play with it! It feels like a fluffy ball that’s irresistible to touch!
You can store the slime in a sealed plastic bag or container. I have found that this slime only is good for about a day before it needs to be tossed. Check out the video to see it in action!
I hope you love this recipe and will try it out today!
Fluffy Slime by Teaching Mama
- 1 bowl
- 1 mat or board
- 1 spatula
- 3 cups foam shaving cream
- 1/2 cup Elmer's glue
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-3 drops food coloring
- 1-2 tablespoons saline solution
- Add 3 cups of shaving cream to a bowl.
- Pour in a 1/2 cup of glue.
- Stir in a 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Add a few drops of food coloring and stir well.
- Slowly pour in 1 tablespoon of saline solution while stirring.
- If the slime is really sticky, add in a little more saline solution and stir.
- Squirt some saline solution onto a mat and knead the slime on it.
- After kneading for a couple of minutes, the slime should be a good consistency.
Leave a Reply