Holiday shopping is in full swing! If you’re like me, you’re always looking for the BEST toys for your child. Today I’m here to help you find the best toys for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers. Since I’ve had three boys, we’ve had a fair amount of toys in our house. Some would say we have too many! (Ahem, my husband!)
I want to make shopping easy for you! That’s why I’m sharing our favorites and providing links to find them. I try my hardest to find open-ended toys that will lead to HOURS of play time! I am not a fan of battery-operated toys or what I like to call “one and done” toys! They just don’t capture kids’ attention and end up just cluttering up our toy room.
- Sensory Tubes – These are so much fun! You can shake them to hear sounds and watch the materials move around. This is a super-safe sensory play activity for babies.
- Safe & Cozy Ball Pit – How fun is this? Babies who are able to sit on their own can enjoy playing and exploring balls in this soft pit.
- Melissa & Doug Rainbow Stacker – I love this wooden rainbow toy! Older babies will have fun stacking the rings and learning colors!
- Manhattan Toy Winkel Rattle & Sensory Teether Toy – This one is great for babies who are teething! You can shake it to hear a quite rattle or your little one can chew on the colorful tubes.
- Baby Band Rhythm Shakers – If your little one likes to shake, this is the toy for them! These are great for learning to listen to different sounds!
- Kid O Go Car – This is the best first car for babies. It’s easy for them to hold with the large handle. Just pull the car back and watch it zoom!
- Stacking Cups – These cups are a classic toy for babies. They are inexpensive, but a great toy because they are played with a lot!
- All About Me Personalized Photo Book – This one is awesome! You can personalize it with the baby’s name and then add your photos. Your baby will love looking at familiar faces and learning their names!
- Hape Pound and Tap Bench with Xylophone – This one was a favorite for my youngest. You can hammer or push the wooden balls through the holes or play the xylophone!
- Melissa & Doug Colorful Blocks – Classic blocks are the best! It leads to so much open-ended play time. These will last for such a long time!
- Mega Bloks – An alternative to wooden blocks are these blocks! These are similar to Lego bricks, but are easier for toddlers to use. You can build so many things with these!
- Crazy Shapes Magnetic Building Set – These magnetic pieces are amazing for building! Toddlers will love being creative with this set of shapes!
- Fisher Price Piggy Bank – Every time I’m in the church nursery with the toddlers, this is the most popular toy! You put the giant coins in the slot on the piggy and it makes sounds. I know I said I don’t love battery toys, but this is a good one!
- Wooden Rainbow – This set is a unique way to build! You can make a rainbow or use imagination to make something new! This wooden rainbow set is gorgeous!
- Playskool Ball Popper – This toy was a FAVORITE for all my boys! I will say it is on the noisy side and you do need batteries, but we’ve played with this toy for hours!
- Cardboard Building Blocks – These giant blocks are the best! You can build so many things with these
- Green Toys Dump Truck – These trucks are oversized and so much fun for toddlers to play with! I love that these trucks are made with environmental friendly materials.
- Melissa & Doug Shape Sorting Cube – All three of my boys enjoyed this toy! It can be a challenge, but with some persistence, toddlers will figure it out! In fact, they’ll want to play with it over and over!
- Build & Play Magnetic Animals – These are so fun!! You can mix and match the animal parts and then play with the animals. Kids love these!
- Ultimate Fort Builder – How fun is this?? You can create your own little fort with poles and connectors.
- Fidget Monster – This 6-sided monster is a great stocking stuffer! Kids who like to play with their hands (or fidget!) will love this. They can click, twirl, and spin with this toy.
- Magna-Tiles – If you don’t have these yet, you need to! These open-ended magnetic blocks are amazing to play and build with. These will lead to hours of play time!
- Boogie Board – This one is so cool! You can write or draw with the special pen, then tap a button and it erases and you can start over! My 4-year-old loves this one! It would be great for road trips.
- Take-Along Train Station – If you have a train lover, this is an awesome toy! Or it would make a great gift for a first train set.
- Design & Build Water Blocks – These are a must!! We love these and they are great to play with in the bath tub! They stick so well to each other, so it’s fun to build towers or anything you’d like!
- Little Tikes Trampoline – If you have an active little one, you’ll want this mini trampoline! It helps so much to get energy out, especially in the winter!
- Duplo Lego Set – This set is a great first set for Lego blocks. They are bigger than regular Lego bricks, which are great for little hands!
One more gift idea is this awesome watch from Preschool Collection! They have the cutest watches for young children. Instead of hours and minutes, they have animals and colors! It’s a great way to introduce children to learning time. You can check out more about them here and use the code CHRISTMAS15 for 15% off!
I hope these lists were helpful! Merry Christmas!