St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner! If you’re looking for an adorable leprechaun craft, I’ve got the perfect one for you! You only need paper and two googly eyes for this craft!
Not only is this craft so happy and bright, but it’s also a fun project to improve fine motor skills. Weaving the paper in and out is great for improving fine motor skills and it looks really neat when you’re done!
Supplies for Leprechaun Craft
- Weave Beard Template
- Cardstock: orange, brown, gold glitter, light orange, green and skin color. (you can also color the template instead of using colored cardstock)
- Glue stick
- Google eyes
- Paper cutter (optional but makes for nice even strips)
How to Make the Leprechaun Craft
- Print the template and cut out the pieces.
- To form the hat, trace and cut the large rectangle and long strip from green cardstock.
- Trace and cut the smaller strip and small rectangle from brown paper.
- To assemble the hat, glue the long green strip to the bottom of the large green rectangle.
- Then glue the small brown rectangle to the gold rectangle. Then glue that to the long brown strip. That entire piece can then be glued to the green hat.
- To proceed with the face, trace and cut the large oval from skin colored paper.
- Grab the two oblong oval pieces, trace and cut those from orange paper. Glue these pieces to the face to act as hair.
- Now, glue the hat to the top of the head and pop on some google eyes.
- Next, trace and cut the beard template piece from orange paper.
- Fold the orange beard and template in half vertically and make the horizontal cuts through both papers using the template.
- Now grab the light orange paper and cut 6 strips about ½” wide. A paper cutter comes in handy for this step.
- Starting at one end, weave the light orange strip through the beard. Continue until the whole beard is full.
- Next, trim the light orange strips so they don’t hang off the edges.
- Glue the ends of the strips down.
- Now you can glue the whole beard to the face.
- Finish the craft by drawing on a nose and smile.
- The weave bearded leprechaun is complete!