I love that Thanksgiving is just around the corner. It is one of my favorite holidays. It’s such a neat time to reflect on life and the past year’s blessings. Today I’m sharing with you a thankful jar idea that is great to do with families, or even in a classroom!
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure for details.
I love ways to concretely display what we are grateful for. It means more to me to write it down and share it with others. That’s why I came up with this thankful jar. I actually made 2 different thankful jars to share with you. The first one uses these supplies:
- tissue paper squares
- glass mason jar (with smooth sides – this one is from Target dollar section)
- Mod Podge
- permanent marker
- small candle (or faux tea light!)
To make this jar, follow these steps:
- Cut tissue paper into squares.
- Paint Mod Podge onto the jar and lay tissue paper on top.
- Paint a layer of Mod Podge on top of the tissue paper. It will dry clear, so don’t worry if it doesn’t look clear right away.
- Let the jar dry completely.
- Use a permanent marker to write words of gratitude around the jar.
- Add a tea light to the middle to make it glow!
This would make a great centerpiece for a table. It would also be fun to add one word to the jar each day until it is full.
I also came up with another thankfulness jar idea. This one uses a turkey!
I found some turkey napkins at Target and thought they would be perfect to use for this craft.
Here’s how to make this jar:
- Cut the turkey picture out of the napkin.
- Paint Mod Podge onto a clear glass jar and add the turkey.
- Paint a layer of Mod Podge on the turkey and around the rest of the jar.
- Let the jar dry.
- Write words of gratitude onto pieces of paper and add them to the jar!
You could also add a tea light to make it glow. Looks pretty at night!
Hope these ideas inspire you to create a thankful jar this Thanksgiving. I think it’s a wonderful way to celebrate this season!