Holiday shopping is in full swing! If you’re like me, you’re always looking for the BEST toys for your child. Today I’m here to help you find the best toys for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers. Since I’ve had three boys, we’ve had a fair amount of toys in our house. Some would say we have too many! (Ahem, my husband!)
I want to make shopping easy for you! That’s why I’m sharing our favorites and providing links to find them. I try my hardest to find open-ended toys that will lead to HOURS of play time! I am not a fan of battery-operated toys or what I like to call “one and done” toys! They just don’t capture kids’ attention and end up just cluttering up our toy room.
- Sensory Tubes – These are so much fun! You can shake them to hear sounds and watch the materials move around. This is a super-safe sensory play activity for babies.
- Bathtime Ball Track – How fun is this? Little ones can drop the ball at the top and watch it go down the track into the bathtub!
- Melissa & Doug Rainbow Stacker – I love this wooden rainbow toy! Older babies will have fun stacking the rings and learning colors!
- Manhattan Toy Winkel Rattle & Sensory Teether Toy – This one is great for babies who are teething! You can shake it to hear a quite rattle or your little one can chew on the colorful tubes.
- Baby Band Rhythm Shakers – If your little one likes to shake, this is the toy for them! These are great for learning to listen to different sounds!
- Kid O Go Car – This is the best first car for babies. It’s easy for them to hold with the large handle. Just pull the car back and watch it zoom!
- Stacking Cups – These cups are a classic toy for babies. They are inexpensive, but a great toy because they are played with a lot!
- All About Me Personalized Photo Book – This one is awesome! You can personalize it with the baby’s name and then add your photos. Your baby will love looking at familiar faces and learning their names!
- Hape Pound and Tap Bench with Xylophone – This one was a favorite for my youngest. You can hammer or push the wooden balls through the holes or play the xylophone!
- Melissa & Doug Colorful Blocks – Classic blocks are the best! It leads to so much open-ended play time. These will last for such a long time!
- Mega Bloks – An alternative to wooden blocks are these blocks! These are similar to Lego bricks, but are easier for toddlers to use. You can build so many things with these!
- Crazy Shapes Magnetic Building Set – These magnetic pieces are amazing for building! Toddlers will love being creative with this set of shapes!
- Fisher Price Piggy Bank – Every time I’m in the church nursery with the toddlers, this is the most popular toy! You put the giant coins in the slot on the piggy and it makes sounds. I know I said I don’t love battery toys, but this is a good one!
- Wooden Rainbow – This set is a unique way to build! You can make a rainbow or use imagination to make something new! This wooden rainbow set is gorgeous!
- Playskool Ball Popper – This toy was a FAVORITE for all my boys! I will say it is on the noisy side and you do need batteries, but we’ve played with this toy for hours!
- Cardboard Building Blocks – These giant blocks are the best! You can build so many things with these
- Green Toys Dump Truck – These trucks are oversized and so much fun for toddlers to play with! I love that these trucks are made with environmental friendly materials.
- Melissa & Doug Shape Sorting Cube – All three of my boys enjoyed this toy! It can be a challenge, but with some persistence, toddlers will figure it out! In fact, they’ll want to play with it over and over!
1. Squigz – These little guys are a lot of fun! They are like suction cups that stick to a window, mirror, or floor. You can stick them to each other to build structures. We even play with these in the bathtub!
2. Picaso Tiles – These are magnetic tiles that are used for building. They are just like Magnatiles, but I think they tend to be cheaper in price (but not quality). Great for any child who likes to build!
3. Alphabet Learning Locks – I gave this gift to my youngest when he was 4 and he loved it! (And to be honest, he still loves it and he’s 7!) Kids find the keys to the matching lock and unlock it! It’s a great way to work on matching uppercase letters to lowercase letters.
4. Clip Connect – These are also fantastic for building with. You can make so many cool things with them! They simply connect with other pieces and your child can use their imagination to make things!
5. Foam Pogo Jumper – This toy is great for getting energy out! It’s like a pogo stick, but great for the preschool age. Each time you hop, it makes a squeaking sound. My kids have loved it!
6. Bamboo Builder Marble Run – The marble run is awesome for building, creativity, and problem-solving. Kids play with this one for hours! I also love that it’s made from bamboo. I also love Lakeshore Learning’s Super-Fun Marble Run!
7. Alphabet Puzzle – This is my all-time favorite alphabet puzzle. I love the large pieces and the pictures on each piece. It’s a great one for toddlers or preschoolers.
8. Design and Drill – I love this toy for many reasons. It will keep your kids busy for hours, it’s great for working on coordination, fine motor skills, and there’s still room for creativity!
9. Balancing Stone Rocks – Ooh these are really cool! The goal is to stack the stones as high as you can before they fall over. The stone blocks have many flat-cut surfaces so the stones can be stacked in different ways. They are made of high-quality wood and coated with eco-friendly paint.
10. Dress-Up Doll Set – This one is great for talking about articles of clothing and for playing dress-up. It has magnetic pieces, which make it easy to stick onto the doll. We’ve had a boy doll for years and each kid has enjoyed playing with it.
I hope these lists were helpful!