Disclosure: I was given a free copy of this ebook as an exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own. This post contains affiliate links.
If you teach preschool in home or school, you have to check out this fantastic letter of the week curriculum. The ABC’s of Preschool is the ultimate guide to teaching preschool for homeschoolers and preschool teachers. I have to call this the ‘ultimate‘ preschool resource because it has EVERYTHING you could ever think of for preschool. It’s a HUGE resource. In fact, it’s almost 200 pages!
I’m excited to share with you today 10 reasons why I’m blown away by this resource!
1. Clearly Explains Preschool. The introduction is packed with tips and information that will make you will feel very confident in teaching preschoolers. Anna Geiger did a great job defining the components of preschool and explaining how to teach everything.
2. Well-Organized. This big resource is organized SO well. After the introduction, the book is organized by weekly lesson plans by alphabet letter. Each activity has symbols next to it explaining what type of activity it is. There are activities for crafts, process art, fine motor, whole alphabet, math, read aloud, sensory play, and gross motor.
3. Hands-On Activities – I’m a huge believer in using hands-on learning activities with little learners. There are so many great ideas in this eBook.
4. Book Lists – I love book lists and each alphabet letter has a list of suggested books to read aloud. It makes picking out books at the library so much easier!
5. Supply Lists – It is so nice that there’s a supply list for each week! It makes preparing so much easier. 🙂
6. Bonus Activities – At the end of each letter, there are bonus activities. This is awesome if you need more ideas to go with the letter of the week.
7. Printables – There are good-quality printables linked in this eBook. I love that there’s not a huge emphasis in using printables, but there are still some activities with them.
8. Pictures – There are pictures to show many of the activities. I always find that helpful! 🙂
9. The Appendix – This is jam-packed with valuable resources! There are hundreds of activities that are organized by these categories:
- Alphabet crafts
- Process art ideas
- Fine motor activities
- Math ideas
- Science experiments
- Dramatic play centers and ideas
- Name activities
- Whole alphabet activities
- Sensory play ideas
- Letter formation ideas
- Snack and meal ideas
- Letter of the week book lists (easy to print!)
- Alphabet books
10. The low price – I can’t believe how affordable this resource is!
I am seriously blown away by this resource. It is amazing and I recommend that every preschool family get this eBook! You can buy the ebook HERE.