I can’t believe we’ll be celebrating New Year’s Eve this week! I’ve got a super fun star noisemaker craft to share with you today. The kids will LOVE shaking these cute stars to ring in the new year!
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon.
You just need a few supplies to make these easy stars. For each star, you’ll need the following:
- wooden dowel rod
- 2 foam stars (mine are from Michael’s)
- 1 small bell
- hot glue gun
- number stickers (optional)
Here’s how to make the star noisemaker:
- Place the foam star face down with a bell in the middle. Glue down a wooden dowel rod. Then start putting hot glue on two sides of the star.
- Put the other foam star on top of the glue and press down for about 20 seconds.
- Keep gluing around the star until all the sides are sealed.
- Then add a number sticker to the front of the star to make the year 2016. This is optional, but it makes fun for photo props!
- Have fun shaking them!
My kids LOVED shaking them because the bell makes a fun sound! (And a bonus for parents is that it’s not too loud!) Plus, what kid doesn’t enjoy shaking things?!
We are going to love using these on New Year’s Eve along with our other noisemaker craft!
I hope you’ll try this craft out! Cheers to a ringing in a new year!