Mornings can be a challenging time of the day, especially if you are in a hurry to get out the door! Today, I’m going to share how I start the mornings with little ones at my feet.
Let me just start by saying I am totally a night person. I wish I could say that I am a morning person, but I have to force myself to get up early. My life changed for the better once we got an alarm clock that lights up when the boys can get out of bed. This is SO nice because they are not waking up too early and I am guaranteed time to either sleep a little longer or get up early to get things done. Here is how my morning typically goes…
1. Use the restroom and wash my face
2. Quiet time with God and journaling before the kids wake up. This is the absolute best way for me to start the day! I don’t do this every day, but when I do, I feel so refreshed and ready for the day!
3. Check emails, take care of business stuff for my blog, or prepare for activities with my kiddos
4. Kids are up for the day. Get them something to drink and eat.
5. Get myself ready. This is the hard part…getting myself ready for the day when I have little ones literally at my feet! Sometimes I get a shower in, sometimes I don’t. It all depends on how the kids are doing! Usually I just throw my hair up, maybe put a little makeup on, and get dressed for the day. You have to work fast when you have needy children begging for your attention 🙂 (Can you relate?!)
I am a big believer that you need a little alone time (even if it’s in the bathroom!) so I usually have my kids watch Curious George when they first wake up so I can finish getting ready.
One thing I recently discovered for my bathroom routine is the Cottonelle Flushable Cleansing Wipes and Clean Care Toilet Paper. Oh my word, I am in love. I put the Clean Care Toilet Paper in our bathroom and we have another brand in the other bathroom. I find myself only wanting to use our bathroom because of the soft toilet paper!
They really make you feel clean! (Okay, now I am blushing!) But it’s true. Feeling fresh is a great way to start the day. And you know what? My kids love it, too! Since they both use the toilet, it is so helpful to have the flushable cleansing cloths. These cloths are a fantastic way to keep my little ones’ bums clean and comfortable. My preschooler can wipe himself better with the wet cloths and he is able to flush them down the toilet! It’s a win-win for us all! The wet + dry combination is wonderful and now we all use them in our morning routines.
If you want to try these Cottonelle products for yourself, stop by your local CVS store to pick up both the Cottonelle Flushable Cleansing Cloths and Cottonelle Clean Care toilet paper and save $1.50 with this coupon.
That is how our mornings typically go before we start playing or doing school. So what about you? Are mornings hard at your house? Do you have any tips or suggestions to share?
Thank you to Cottonelle for sponsoring this post and keeping my bum clean! #LetsTalkBums